Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Blind Date

Tomorrow's the big event: the long anticipated blind date.

I'm really excited, almost obnoxiously so.

I want this to work, and I want this to be the start something for a change, but I've had this creeping idea lately that maybe I'm meant to be single . . . single, single, and it's making a lot of sense. What I want to do with every fiber of who I am is something that doesn't mesh well with a family, doesn't mesh well with having a significant other. And the things I want to do with my life, they almost literally keep me up at night as I think about how I can get from place A to place K.

It's food for thought, though. Maybe I'm meant to be single . . . . Everyone says that something you need to come to terms with at some point in your adult life before you can truly have a "successful relationship," so either way, whether I'm bound for it or just passing through, it's a step that I need to take.

Alright, this post is lame. Apologizes to all named and anonymous readers. The next one will be better.

No comments: