Monday, July 9, 2007

At a Strange Place

Everyone says that the "tween years" are the hardest years in which for a person to truly identify themselves with a place where they ought to be.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with the scientists and their likes who have made their assertion.

I'm really struggling at the moment to truly place myself in some sort of distinct "age category," for lack of a better term. I'm legally an adult, I work full-time, I'm going on my first ever blind date Thursday, I'm moving out of state in less than two months, and yet, I feel so small and so young.

I don't know if it's the sharing a vehicle thing, living at home, or just spending a lot of time with kids who are a couple of years older than me, but I'm feeling a lot littler than I am.

And it's bizarre. I haven't felt so insignificant in awhile.

1 comment:

Stezie said...

good luck on the blind date.

jessie, you honestly take life by the horns. high school would not have been as interesting without you and the random parties you'd throw. they are something i will always remember! you are bigger than you think you are.